A South City Story
- President Esther Shin joins the US Bank CDC Advisory Board
- HUD features USI (and others) in its COVID-19 Toolkit
- The Center for Community Investment at the Lincoln Institute of Land Policy Announces Inaugural Field Catalysts Fellows
- USI selected to join the Bridges Collaborative
- Lisa Cylar Barrett Elected to USI Board of Directors
- HUD Toolkit
- Centering Families During A Pandemic
- Promoting Positive Youth Outcomes in Mixed-Income Developments
2020 Rental Solutions Summit by Equifax & USI
On behalf of the USI team, we’d like to sincerely thank the nearly 300 attendees, speakers, moderators and sponsors for supporting the 2nd Choice MEANS Choice: New Orleans Conference on November 13 – 15. It was a great time had by all – don’t believe us? Here are just some of the amazing shots of conference participants engaging, learning and even enjoying a bit of New Orleans’ famous “Second Line” celebration.
Wednesday, November 13 Events – Philanthropy & Developer Roundtable, Site Tour & Celebration, and the Welcome Happy Hour
Thursday, November 14 Events – Conference Day
USI’s commitment to supporting redevelopment work is found not only in the implementation of transformation plans at the community level but also through data-driven, thought-provoking content meant to elevate the conversation to aspire changes at the policy and national conversation level. Our contributions include our Stories of US blog, opinion editorials, policy briefs and national recognition for expertise in the field.
Article: Equifax & USI
A Place Called Home, by President Esther Shin. This is an opinion piece published in the 8/3/18 edition of the St. Louis Post Dispatch newspaper.
The Strategic Alliance
The Strategic Alliance is a collaborative effort that includes USI, the National Initiative on Mixed‐Income Communities (NIMC), and the Center for the Study of Social Policy (CSSP).
View the Enhancing and Sustaining Mixed-Income Community Interventions webpage to learn about the tracked efforts of how the three organizations are helping to improve, accelerate and elevate the work of developing equitable and inclusive mixed-income communities. The reports provide a synopsis of best practices in the field.
- Anchor Institutions and Mixed-Income Communities: Partnerships Ripe with Possibilities
- Mixed-Income Communities as a Strategic Lever to Impact Health Equity: Lessons from the Field and Implications for Strategy and Investment
- Promoting Inclusive Social Dynamics in Mixed-Income Communities: Implications for Action
- Promoting Inclusive Social Dynamics in Mixed-Income Communities: Promising Practices
- The Challenges and Opportunities of Financing the Social Mission of Mixed-Income Communities
Read the Isolation of Southeast Ferguson, by the Strategic Alliance. This is a report of the insights from residents and community members of Southeast Ferguson, Missouri, compiled in August 2016.
President Esther Shin and Executive Vice President Donovan Duncan at the 2018 Maryland Association of Housing and Redevelopment Agencies #MAHRA2018 Spring Conference.
USI Southern Regional Director Kristie Stutler & US MEMPHIS HOPE Director Eva Mosby presented at a 2017 HUD Economic Development panel entitled “Relocated Case Management: How to deliver Case Management and Service Delivery after relocation”
USI Senior Vice President Donovan Duncan presented at a 2017 HUD Economic Development panel entitled “Connecting to Employment: Empowering Residents and Creating Pathways to Self-Sufficiency”. He begins at the 20:55 mark but we encourage you to watch the entire panel.
Stories of Urban Strategies (U.S.) Blog
Our Stories of U.S. aims to connect readers to people living in distressed urban communities across the United States. We use real-life stories and data to help people understand the challenges, opportunities, and strengths of the families with whom we partner in this work. Our hope is to inspire our readers. Our belief is that all of US have a part to play in creating strong communities. Our vision is that, together, we can create a world where all families are STABLE and THRIVING.